Biyernes, Mayo 25, 2012

Pursuing My Dream of Being A Teacher

I can still remember, I was in my ES 91 Engineering Economy class. It was our first meeting and we were all ask to say something about ourselves and our dreams. Some of my classmates dream to become the most successful engineer, become a businessman. And I can remember one of my guy classmate said that his dream is to marry his girlfriend. And you wanna know what I said that time? Hmmm. I said I wanna be a teacher- that my passion is teaching.

I love to teach. I think I have a talent of teaching. I like to explain what I learn. I love it when they know something from me. I don't know when exactly did I say to myself that I love to be a teacher.

I have not entertained or pursue my dream of becoming a teacher until it just pass by my way. YES! My dream is right in front of me this afternoon when our adviser asked who wants to teach. All I need to do is grab, hold and never let it go.

I was discouraged before because I know I do not have super high grades during my college life. I mean, I pass the subject but my grades are not so high. When they asked for graduates to teach summer class, I was not there because as my friends would say, "Busy girl kaayo ka dan, wala nanoon ka naapil sa lecturers for summer." I was disappointed. I remembered, I have emailed our Sir if they still need a lecturer but he never replied. But I still want to teach and have pact with my friends to apply as lecturer to another school because we believe that we will not be able to lecture at IIT. We only have average grades and we thought that they will choose graduates with higher GPA.

Weeks passed but we never passed our resume to the schools we want to apply. Laziness strikes again. So I told myself to just give up on teaching. maybe teaching is not for me. And flowered by the thoughts that I will just have to travel different places in the Philippines (Manila and Cebu).

Until..... a teaching opportunity is right in front of me. And our adviser said that I will handle a subject this coming semester along with my friends who I made pact with. At first, I am very happy for this opportunity. I do not care about the wage, I just want to experience my dream. But there is at the back of my mind that says this is a hindrance to my plans to go travel different places and apply training at Manila for Xinyx.

But I am awakened that this is the plan God has for me. I am having a hard time on how I will spend my first six months as a graduate. Thus thinking of traveling. But this one came. And I believe that this is really for me. This is what God has to do for me. To experience my dream. To be a teacher even just for a semester.

I do not know what's ahead of me, but one thing is for sure---- My plans are far enough from His plans. :)


Soon Ma'am Dan

1 komento: